Career coaching is provided by trained career coaches and is entirely confidential – what you discuss will not be shared outside the coaching session. Career coaching sessions can be held face to face, by phone or by skype, depending on your location.
How to decide whether career coaching would be useful for you
- Do you want to find out what your strengths are?
- Do you want to know what motivates you, and what you are passionate about?
- Are you uncertain about your job preferences and career options?
- Do you want help with creating your career development plan?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you might want to consider booking a career coaching session.
How to prepare for your career coaching session
In order to maximise the time spent with the career coach, you need to decide what you want to focus on in the career coaching session, and prepare accordingly. The options are as follows:
- If you want to improve your PHP, you need to first complete the online PHP course before your coaching session
- If you would like to prepare for an upcoming interview, you need to first complete the online competency-based interview course
- If you want help in creating your career development plan, or to discuss any other career related topics, you should first complete the chapter “knowing yourself” in the career workbook
How to register for your career coaching session
Once you have completed one of the prerequisite activities listed above, log into Inspira and search for “career coaching”. You will be asked to upload the certificate of completion for the PHP or competency-based interview course, or the career workbook chapter. You will then be able to enroll for the session. Click here for more information.