The Public Health Unit in the Division of Healthcare and Management and Occupational Health (DHMOSH) invites you to improve your overall health by “stepping” for 90 days, from September 11 to December 9.
Join your duty station’s country team or form your own with colleagues and friends and aim to reach a combined average of 10,000 steps a day. It’s all about teamwork.
IT'S NOT JUST WALKING! An in-app conversion of non-walking activities to "steps" is provided. You can bike, do housework, dance, play sports and they're all counted!
Sign up in a few easy steps to start stepping!
- Download the MoveSpring app on your mobile device via the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) or navigate to app.movespring.com in a web browser on your phone.
- Choose “Sign up”.
- Enter the org code: UN (not case sensitive)
- Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account. Make sure to use your valid and official Organization email to ensure your account doesn’t get deleted.
- Once you set up your account, scroll down to the "Challenges" section of your dashboard
- Check the "Upcoming" tab to see "FALL IN, STEP UP!”.
- Click the banner then click the blue "Join" button.
- You should now see the Challenge in your own dashboard. If it doesn’t appear, wait a few moments for the app to synchronize. You may exit and reopen the app.
- Once you see the Challenge, click the "Join a Team" button.
- Find the team of your DUTY STATION COUNTRY and join.
Want to form your own team?
- Gather a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 colleagues to join. Make sure everyone already has a Movespring account.
- Agree on a politically correct, non-offensive name for your team.
- Send your chosen team name and the list of usernames of the team members to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “GHC2023 Create New Team”.
- Only staff members with valid and official UN organization email are eligible to join. Accounts with email addresses that cannot be verified will be removed.
- The UN only has 3,000 licenses to the app. Non-syncing accounts will be removed to free up the slots for new users.
- Ensure that the Country in your profile corresponds to that of your current duty station.
- All steppers should join the COUNTRY TEAM of their duty station. Any challenge participant who doesn't belong to one will be automatically moved to the team of the country indicated in their profile when they registered.
- To level the playing field, country teams that do not meet the minimum of 10 steppers will be dissolved and the members will be moved to a generic Continent Team based on the country indicated in their profile.
- Aside from being able to manually enter your steps in the mobile app or the website, you can also synchronize your steps from your personal tracking device to the app on your phone via Bluetooth. Go here for instructions.
- Make sure you sync your steps each day of the challenge by opening the MoveSpring app or website. We strongly suggest syncing at least once a day! At minimum you need to sync every 3 days to make sure MoveSpring gets all your steps. Users will be responsible for making sure they sync regularly to get credit for totals.
- You can follow these steps to convert non-stepping activities into step totals and directly input them into MoveSpring to increase your daily step counts.
- Change your user name and password, add a profile picture, update your registered Country to your current duty station.
- Check out the Movespring Help Center, MoveSpring how-to videos, or contact their support team via the blue dot on the bottom right of their website, or in the MoveSpring app via your profile.
- You can also email support directly at: email@example.com
- For other non-technical questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org