If you are a US citizen or permanent resident regardless of where you are serving review the information here about how to manage the taxation on compensation received in UN service.

What is the reimbursement process?

The General Assembly established a system to reimburse income taxes to those United Nations staff members who are required to pay taxes on their UN salaries and emoluments. Individual contractors and UN Volunteers are not covered by this reimbursement program.

How does it work?

The United Nations Income Tax Unit in the Department of Management processes income tax reimbursement claims for staff members. Details of the claim submission procedure, all relevant UN Income Tax Forms, the latest Information Circular and practical Frequently Asked Questions are available at

Key pages: 
Important documents: