The United Nations HIV and Global HIV PEP kit program in workplace is designed to reduce the impact of HIV in the workplace by supporting “universal access” to prevention, treatment, care and support for all personnel and their families. This webpage contains accurate and up-to-date global information and resources that UN personnel can access about protection from HIV infection and available support system from Division of healthcare Management and Occupational Safety and Health. The Division of Healthcare Management and Occupational Safety and Health is responsible for technical supervision and management of the UN Global HIV PEP kit program and HIV/AIDS program in UN Peacekeeping Operations.
HIV Policy Mandates and Security Council Resolutions
These are main policy mandates and security council resolutions for the establishment of HIV/AIDS prevention programs in the UN workplace and Peacekeeping operations.
- Policy on HIV/AIDS in the workplace
- Security Council’s Resolution 1308 (2000)
- Role and Functions of HIV/AIDS Units in United Nations Peacekeeping Operations
- United Nations Personnel Policy on HIV/AIDS
HIV/AIDS in the Workplace Orientation Programme
This introduces the UN Personnel Policy on HIV and educates all staff and their families on questions related to this illness – such as that a person's HIV status is his/her own affair and must always be treated by the UN and all its offices as confidential. This training is available as part of the mandatory orientation training for all newly recruited UN personnel through the Inspira in (English and French)
HIV/AIDS Frequently Asked Questions (HIV/AIDS FAQ)
- For general knowledge and Frequently Asked Questions on HIV/AIDS, visit the WHO Webpage: HIV/AIDS FAQ (English I French )
Global HIV PEP kit program
- This program supports implementation of HIV Post-Exposure Prophylaxis for UN personnel exposed to HIV infection in duty stations and missions globally.
What is HIV PEP kit program?
UN Global HIV PEP Information video
Technical Guidance on Use of UN HIV PEP Kits
- UN Medical Directors Guidelines for Use of UN-Issued HIV PEP Kits for Occupational/Non-Occupational HIV Exposure Occurring in UN Personnel and Dependents (January 2021) (English | French)
- Guidance on HIV Testing for UN Health Facilities (English I French)
PEP Kit Management Memos & Templates
- UN e-course containing the latest information on HIV as a workplace issue and is available in English and French. (Registration through Inspira: LMS-1402)
- PowerPoint Presentation of Webinar on PEP Kit Custodian Training (English | French)
- HIV PEP Kit Custodian Mandatory Training Video Presentation (English | French)
- HIV Clinical Manifestation/Clinical Diagnosis /HIV infection progression with Dr. Joseph Masci (30 March 2021)
PEP Kit Custodians
- Contact your Designated Officer for the list of PEP Kit Custodians in your duty station
HIV PEP Kit Usage Reporting Forms
- Custodian and Patient Reporting Form (English | French)
- PEP Physician Assessment Form (English | French)
HIV PEP FAQs
- HIV PEP FAQ for Patient and UN personnel accessing HIV PEP services (English I French)
- HIV PEP FAQ for UN PEP Kit Custodians, clinical staff and UN Physicians (English I French)
For Additional Information on HIV /AIDS and HIV PEP
- Further information on HIV/AIDS (Overview, Symptoms and Treatment) is available on the WHO HIV/AIDS Webpage
- Further information on PEP Kit is available on the WHO website.
For further information on HIV/AIDS and UN Global HIV PEP Kit program, contact DHMOSH Public Health unit at ; email@example.com