How does it work?
Reflect on your career direction and connect with someone new!
Join Together, a mentoring pilot by DMSPC and ESCAP.
- Secretariat staff of all levels (General Service through senior leaders) in the following job networks:
- POLNET: Political, Peace and Humanitarian Network
- DEVNET: Economic, Social and Development Network
- INFONET: Public Information and Conference Management Network
- Some inter-agency staff will participate! (entities TBC)
- Secretariat staff of all levels (General Service through senior leaders) in all job networks
- Staff in POLNET, DEVNET and INFONET are especially encouraged
- Some inter-agency staff will participate (entities TBC).
All participants must have Fixed-term, Continuing, or Permanent appointments.
CALL FOR MENTORS (FLYER)
CALL FOR SENIOR LEADER MENTORS (FLYER)
A four-month pilot programme in which staff can join as mentees or mentors (or both).
- Participants fill out an online questionnaire and are paired with suggested mentors or mentees.
- Participant preferences, their current level and seniority in the Organization are some of the factors that drive the pairing algorithm.
- Pairs will be suggested across job networks and across categories of staff. A POLNET staff member may be paired with someone in DEVNET. A General Service mentee may be paired with a Professional mentor. Directors and Assistant-Secretaries-General and Under-Secretaries-General will also be invited to join.
- Pairs agree on and commit to a frequency of meetings for the 4-month period. Two per month are recommended but not required. Meetings can be held through video or phone calls.
- Staff have expressed a need for more career development opportunities. This was clear from the results of the 2019 Staff Engagement Survey, among other feedback tools.
- Mentoring is an excellent way for staff to learn from more senior, experienced colleagues.
- It gives senior staff a chance to reflect, to assess what they’ve learned and to help others navigate their journeys.
- On an organizational level, mentoring relationships can improve morale, productivity and retention.
WATCH THE VIDEO
- 14 – 28 August: registration for mentors
- 31 August – 7 September: registration for mentees
- Week of 14 September: pairing of mentors and mentees
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on our mailing list and receive all updates!