Instructions for Grounds Pass (Spouses)

Before registering, obtain a United Nations grounds pass.

To access any language or communication skills course, it is required to have a valid United Nations grounds pass to gain access to the United Nations headquarters.

  • Recognized spouses and partners of United Nations staff members can become a member of NYLESA, a spouse association that can help you get a United Nations grounds pass. For more information, contact;
  • Spouses and partners of Secretariat staff members could also complete and have their spouse or partner’s Executive Office sign the grounds pass form (SSS.143B) and bring it to the Pass and ID office, 320 E. 45th St., 9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m. (Mon-Fri). Please note that this option requires including a valid course registration in the form.
  • Spouses of delegates of a Permanent or Observer Mission to the United Nations should acquire the grounds pass via their spouse’s Permanent or Observer Mission, using the United Nations grounds pass form (SG.32). For more information, please visit