As restrictions in movement relax around the globe, let us prepare to responsibly face the world again by getting fit and healthy. Sign up to “HOPE SPRINGS : UN Global Health Challenge 2021”.
Create your own team of UN friends and colleagues or join one. Aim to do at least 10,000 steps daily and watch your team's and your own progress in the leaderboard via Movespring, a mobile app that allows you to connect your wearable device or smartphone to track your steps activity.
Challenge runs from July 1 – September 28, 2021.
Sign up in a few easy steps. Join today and start stepping! Registration ends on 14 July 2021.
ON YOUR PHONE
1. Download the MoveSpring app via the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) or navigate to app.movespring.com in a web browser.
2.Choose “Sign up” .
3. Enter the org code: UN (not case sensitive)
4. Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account. Use your official UN email.
5. Once you set up your account, scroll down to the "Challenges" section of your dashboard
6. Check the "Upcoming" tab to see "HOPE SPRINGS: UN Health Challenge 2021.
7. Click the banner then click the blue "Join" button.
8. You should now see the Challenge in your own dashboard. If it doesnt appear, wait a few moments for the app to synchronize. You may exit and reopen the app.
9. Once you see the Challenge, click the "Join a Team" button.
10. Find the team you wish to join.
11. If you wish to create your own team, MAKE SURE TO FORM A GROUP FIRST WITH A MINUMUM OF 5 and maximum of 20 registered members.
12. Click the green "Create Team" button and give it a fun, non-political, non-controversial, non-offensive name in English, then tell your group which team to join.
<<<click on the headers below to open the full guide>>>
Aside from being able to manually enter your steps in the mobile app or the website, you can also synchronize your steps from your personal tracking device to the app on your phone via Bluetooth. Go here for instructions.
Make sure you sync your steps each day of the challenge by opening the MoveSpring app or website. We strongly suggest syncing at least once a day! At minimum you need to sync every 3 days to make sure MoveSpring gets all your steps. Users will be responsible for making sure they sync regularly to get credit for totals.
You can follow these steps to convert non-stepping activities into step totals and directly input them into MoveSpring to increase your daily step counts.
Check out the Movespring Help Center, MoveSpring how-to videos, or contact their support team via the blue dot on the bottom right of their website, or in the MoveSpring app via your profile.
You can also email support directly at: email@example.com
For other non-technical questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The UN only has 3,000 licenses to the app. Non-syncing accounts may be removed to free up the slots for new users.
Only staff members with valid UN organization official emails are eligible to join. Accounts with email addresses that cannot be verified will be removed.
All user created teams that have not reached the minimum number of members will be removed and the members moved to the General Participation Team.