Join “HEART & SOLES: UN Global Health Challenge 2023”.
February is American Heart Month and the Public Health Unit in the Division of Healthcare and Management and Occupational Health (DHMOSH) invites you to improve your cardiovascular health by “stepping”.
Aim to do at least 10,000 steps daily and watch your own progress in the leaderboard.
Download the Movespring mobile app and connect your wearable device or smartphone to track your steps activity.
IT'S NOT JUST WALKING! An in-app conversion of non-walking activities to "steps" is provided. You can bike, do housework, dance, play sports and they're all counted!
Challenge runs for 60 days from February 14 – April 14, 2023.
Sign up in a few easy steps. Join today and start stepping!
ON YOUR PHONE
1. Download the MoveSpring app via the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) or navigate to app.movespring.com in a web browser.
2.Choose “Sign up” .
3. Enter the org code: UN (not case sensitive)
4. Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account. Use your official UN email.
5. Once you set up your account, scroll down to the "Challenges" section of your dashboard
6. Check the "Upcoming" tab to see "HEART & SOLES: UN Global Health Challenge"..
7. Click the banner then click the blue "Join" button.
8. You should now see the Challenge in your own dashboard. If it doesn't appear, wait a bit for the app to synchronize. You may exit and reopen the app.
CONNECTING A DEVICE <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Aside from being able to manually enter your steps in the mobile app or the website, you can also synchronize your steps from your personal tracking device to the app on your phone via Bluetooth. Go here for instructions.
SYNCING YOUR STEPS <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Make sure you sync your steps each day of the challenge by opening the MoveSpring app or website. We strongly suggest syncing at least once a day! At minimum you need to sync every 3 days to make sure MoveSpring gets all your steps. Users will be responsible for making sure they sync regularly to get credit for totals.
CONVERTING ACTIVITIES TO STEPS <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- You can follow these steps to convert non-stepping activities into step totals and directly input them into MoveSpring to increase your daily step counts.
UPDATING YOUR PROFILE <<click to open the full guide>>
- Change your user name and password, add a profile picture, update your registered Country to your current duty station.
NEED HELP? <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Check out the Movespring Help Center, MoveSpring how-to videos, or contact their support team via the blue dot on the bottom right of their website, or in the MoveSpring app via your profile.
- You can also email support directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other non-technical questions, email email@example.com
MORE QUESTIONS? Visit these FAQs <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- The UN only has 3,000 licenses to the app. Non-syncing accounts may be removed to free up the slots for new users.
- Only staff members with valid UN organization official emails are eligible to join. Accounts with email addresses that cannot be verified will be removed.
- Ensure that the Country in your profile corresponds to that of your current duty station.
- Read the inspiring stories of our steppers from the previous Challenges