Sign up to “HEALTHY IS THE NEW NORMAL : UN Global Health Challenge 2022”. Join your UN friends and colleagues in the country team of your duty station and aim to do at least 10,000 steps daily. Watch your team's and your own progress in the leaderboard via Movespring, a mobile app that allows you to connect your wearable device or smartphone to track your steps activity.
IT'S NOT JUST WALKING! An in-app conversion of non-walking activities to "steps" is provided. You can bike, do housework, dance, play sports and they're all counted!
Challenge runs from August 1 – October 29, 2022.
Sign up in a few easy steps. Join today and start stepping! Registration ends on August 15, 2022.
ON YOUR PHONE
1. Download the MoveSpring app via the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (Android) or navigate to app.movespring.com in a web browser.
2.Choose “Sign up” .
3. Enter the org code: UN (not case sensitive)
4. Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account. Use your official UN email.
5. Once you set up your account, scroll down to the "Challenges" section of your dashboard
6. Check the "Upcoming" tab to see "HEALTHY IS THE NEW NORMAL: UN Global Health Challenge 2022.
7. Click the banner then click the blue "Join" button.
8. You should now see the Challenge in your own dashboard. If it doesnt appear, wait a few moments for the app to synchronize. You may exit and reopen the app.
9. Once you see the Challenge, click the "Join a Team" button.
10. Find the team of your DUTY STATION COUNTRY and join.
CONNECTING A DEVICE <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Aside from being able to manually enter your steps in the mobile app or the website, you can also synchronize your steps from your personal tracking device to the app on your phone via Bluetooth. Go here for instructions.
SYNCING YOUR STEPS <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Make sure you sync your steps each day of the challenge by opening the MoveSpring app or website. We strongly suggest syncing at least once a day! At minimum you need to sync every 3 days to make sure MoveSpring gets all your steps. Users will be responsible for making sure they sync regularly to get credit for totals.
CONVERTING ACTIVITIES TO STEPS <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- You can follow these steps to convert non-stepping activities into step totals and directly input them into MoveSpring to increase your daily step counts.
UPDATING YOUR PROFILE <<click to open the full guide>>
- Change your user name and password, add a profile picture, update your registered Country to your current duty station.
NEED HELP? <<<click to open the full guide>>>
- Check out the Movespring Help Center, MoveSpring how-to videos, or contact their support team via the blue dot on the bottom right of their website, or in the MoveSpring app via your profile.
- You can also email support directly at: email@example.com
- For other non-technical questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The UN only has 3,000 licenses to the app. Non-syncing accounts may be removed to free up the slots for new users.
- Only staff members with valid UN organization official emails are eligible to join. Accounts with email addresses that cannot be verified will be removed.
- Ensure that the Country in your profile corresponds to that of your current duty station.
- All steppers should join the COUNTRY TEAM of their duty station. Any challenge participant who doesn't belong to one will be automatically moved to the team of the country indicated in their profile when they registered.
- In order to level the playing field, country teams that do not meet the minimum of 10 steppers will be dissolved and the members will be moved to a generic Continent Team based on the country indicated in their profile.
- Further during the challenge, participants who haven't synced for 2 weeks will be moved to the General Participation Team (only until the minimum of 10 steppers per Country Team remains).
- An activity cap of 40,000 steps has been added to the Team Leaderboard, which means that each individual can only sync up to 40k steps daily towards the team's average. This does not affect the number of steps recorded in the participant's account.
- Want to form your own team? Sorry, not during this round of the Global Health Challenge. But watch out for announcements if this policy changes.